First. Get approved at wordpress.org.
Once the plugin team approves the plugin, you can get started. This lays out everything using the command line, you can fill in with your GUI of choice as desired.
Change to your plugins new home on your computer locally. This should be an empty directory.
- Checkout the repository from .org (must use “https”!). You will need to accept the certificate the first time, (p) for permanently.
svn co https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/sewn-in-xml-sitemap .
- Change directory to the trunk
- Clone the plugin files from Github
git clone email@example.com:jupitercow/sewn-in-xml-sitemap.git .
- Change back to parent directory
- Check the SVN status, you will see git files listed, we need them to not be seen by SVN
- Add SVN ignores to keep GIT out of your SVN repo on .org, the line break after `.git` is important
svn propset svn:ignore '.git .gitignore README.md' trunk
- Add `.gitignore` file to keep SVN out of your repo on Github
*~ .DS_Store .svn .cvs *.bak *.swp Thumbs.db /.DS_Store /.svn
- Add everything to the SVN repo
svn add * --force
- Remove things if something went wrong
svn revert [filename]
- Create a tag to get started
svn copy trunk tags/1.0.4
- Commit the SVN where the username and password are from `http://wordpress.org/plugins/`
svn --username [username] --password [password] commit -m 'initial commit'